Flickr Image Re-Use for OpenOffice.org Demo availlable
mihai, July 12th, 2008
Never trust a programmer when he gives you a date for something to be done . Thats what i did in my last article (2 weeks i think i said then) and here we are a month later.
What has be done since my last article :
- right click on an result (image) will show you a popup menu with the available sizes on Flickr server
- left click on a result will insert directly in Writer the image with size medium as default
- once the image is inserted some text will be added beside the image(title , link to the image, license and link to the license)
- i improved searching and the way the image is adding into Writer
- i added a more friendly interface when you want to search over license (similar with advanced search on Flickr website)
- added a previous button to see previous results if needed
- if you insert a image, when you open again the extension the previous search will be done immediately ( on the exact the same position if you used the previous or next buttons)
- about searching : we can have multiple tags (separated by space : ” “) and the relation between them is AND . also the results are ordered by interestingness
- a progress bar was added
- the extension after installation can be found here : Insert Picture From Flickr …
Some screenshots :
Also i would to add that this extension, at this momment, works only in Writer.
Download (right click and save as)
Any suggestions or remarks are greatly appreciated.